|St. Clair International Hostel
(Open all Year!)|
577 Richards Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V6B 2Z5
Toll-free: (800) 982-0220, Telephone: (604) 684-3713
What we have to offer: The hotel with a nautical theme is located right down town, close to all transportation and amenities, close to China Town, Gas Town and stadiums, just three blocks from the convention centre. A heritage listed building - built in 1911 by Henry Pybus, Captain of the Canadian Pacific Steamship - "Empress of Japan" which took the "Blue Ribbon" while setting the Trans-Pacific crossing record - 1897.
The hotel originally accommodated railway & ocean going passengers back to both Pacific and Atlantic locations.
Our recently renovated rooms are clean and comfortable. We offer private rooms for double, triple, or quad occupancy, as well as 4 bed shared dorms. Each room has its own sink and there are showers and toilet facilities on each floor. Linens are provided and there is a laundry room for guest use. Wi-fi is free throughout the hostel and we also have paid computer with internet for your use. There are parking facilities in the same block.
The hotel is located in a beautiful part of downtown Vancouver close to all the attractions. Across the way is a Cathedral, park and fountain.
|1. Snowsports (more details)||Moderate to Vigourous Outdoor Activity||Winter Activity|
|2. Visit Stanley Park (more details)||Light to Moderate Outdoor Activity|
|3. Visit Vancouver Art Gallery (more details)||Art Appreciation|
|Photo (click for enlargement):|
How to get here: From the Airport:
From Pacific Central Bus and Train Station:
- Follow the signs for public transportation "Canada Line". Pay your fare (8.75 from the Airport) and catch the train heading for "Waterfront Station".
- Get off at "Vancouver City Centre Station"
- At the exit, take a right on Georgia St. and walk two blocks until you arrive at Richards St.
- Hang a left on Richards and walk until you get to the next street, Dunsmuir.
- We are the building with the clock depicting the ship, the Empress of Japan. If you see the Cathedral you're in the right spot! Welcome Home!
- Exit the building and follow the paths going diagonally left to the escalators for the Main St. Skytrain. Don't forget to pay your fare! ($2.50)
- Board the train going to "Waterfront Station"
- Get off at "Granville Station"
- Take the exit onto Dunsmuir St and head right.
- We are a block and a half away on Richards St. Look for the clock depicting the ship, the Empress of Japan!
|Close-up map (click to see enlargement):|
|Large-scale map (click to see enlargement):|